Terms & Conditions
In consideration of receiving access to the information available on this web site, user (“you” or “your”) acknowledge and agree as follows:
3. The information contained in the database at this web site is collected from various public and private sources, including the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (“NASBA”) and various government databases including those operated by NASBA’s member boards. It is not intended as nor is it a comprehensive listing of all accounting practitioners. NASBA does not guarantee that the information found in this database is complete, accurate or reliable. Access to this database is provided as a public service and shall not be construed as an endorsement or recommendation of the persons or businesses included in the database, nor is it necessarily to be construed as adverse information about persons not included in the database. Disciplinary actions are reported based solely upon information provided by public agencies. Because of the potential for similar or identical names and because of the potential use of non-standard terms, you should independently confirm any indication of licensure or a lack of licensure or of a disciplinary record with the state board before taking any action based upon information provided through this database.
4. The data used at this web site is collected from many different sources and each of those sources updates their data at different intervals. The official licensing agencies that supply data to this web site may not have provided a current set of data to this web site at the time of your search. Accordingly, you shall not rely solely upon this web site to indicate whether at any particular moment in time an individual is or is not licensed/registered and you shall contact the appropriate state board(s) of accountancy directly to confirm that an individual is or is not licensed/registered in that jurisdiction or in the jurisdictions for which you are making inquiry.
5. You shall not rely solely upon this web site and infer that because your search criteria did not return the name of an individual that the individual is in fact not licensed/registered and you shall not rely solely upon this web site and infer that because your search criteria did return the name of an individual that the individual is in fact currently licensed/registered. You shall contact the appropriate state board(s) of accountancy directly to confirm that an individual is or is not licensed in that jurisdiction or in the jurisdictions for which you are making inquiry.
6. NEITHER NASBA NOR ANY OF ITS MEMBER BOARDS INVOLVED IN PROVIDING THE SERVICES AT THIS WEB SITE MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE WEB SITE OR THE RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES PROVIDED AND MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE. IN NO EVENT SHALL NASBA OR ITS MEMBER BOARDS HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY LIABILITY TO ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS AND LOSS OF REVENUE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LIABILITY.
8. The agreement shall be interpreted pursuant to Tennessee law, and any dispute arising out of or related to your use of this database shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of and in the venue of the state and federal courts of the state of Tennessee.